Re: IMAP server keeps forgetting the expiry marks

From: Mario S. Mommer
Subject: Re: IMAP server keeps forgetting the expiry marks
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:06:00 +0100

Hello,

Uday S Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk> writes:
> Probably not solvable.  The manual
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Expiring-in-IMAP.html
>
> says, "your server must support permanent storage of client specific
> flags on messages".  Have you checked if your IMAP server can do so?

I don't know how to find out. Do you? I can telnet the IMAP server, and
ask it CAPABILITIES, and it says

a001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
LOGINDISABLED

It seems to be a 'dovecot' server. There is also reason to asume that it
is a fairly recent version.

Wouldn't the lack of that capability show in gnus being unable to set
the mark in the first place?

Regards,
        Mario.