Re: IMAP server keeps forgetting the expiry marks

From: Mario S. Mommer
Subject: Re: IMAP server keeps forgetting the expiry marks
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:32:25 +0100

Hello,

Uday S Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk> writes:
> Mario S. Mommer wrote:
>
>> I don't know how to find out. Do you? I can telnet the IMAP server, and
>> ask it CAPABILITIES, and it says
>
> It appears that the permanent flags are set on a per-mailbox
> basis. So, you have to select the mailbox to find out.  The RFC3501
> shows the following example:
[...snip...]
>> It seems to be a 'dovecot' server. There is also reason to asume that it
>> is a fairly recent version.
>
> dovecot server should be fine.  But the administrators could still
> prohibit things for reasons best known to themselves!

I see.

I turned on IMAP logging and I get this in the *imap-log* buffer

32 NOOP
32 OK NOOP completed.
33 SELECT "INBOX"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft gnus-dormant
  gnus-expire gnus-forward)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft
  gnus-dormant gnus-expire gnus-forward \*)] Flags permitted.
* 67 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 52] First unseen.

and on it goes.