How to find José?

From: Damian
Subject: How to find José?
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:38:38 +0200

Hello,

I store all my work email using the nnml backend. There are search
engines to search through my email, but the problem comes when I
search for words containing utf-8 characters: there's no way to find
words such as "José", "mañana", "abraço", or "geëvalueerd".

I found in the web that namazu supports utf8 (unlike swish-e), but so
far I haven't succeeded. Moreover, namazu do not indexes words in the
body of the messages.

Is there a workaround? What do you use to search through your mails in gnus?

Thanks in advance,
Damian.