A small patch for nnir.el

From: Mark Triggs
Subject: A small patch for nnir.el
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:47:13 -0000

Hi all,

I've written my own little Lucene-based mail indexer to index my Gnus
mail, and have hooked this into nnir.el.  It's been working well for a
while, but I've always been a little disappointed that 90% of the time
my search results take to come back is Gnus hitting the disk to grab
mail headers--especially when I've got those headers available in my
search indexes anyway.

To get around this, I modified nnir.el to add a hook that gets called at
the point of fetching NOV header data.  If this hook is non-nil, it is
called for each search result hit and is expected to return the
necessary headers in NOV format.  This allowed me to use the headers
returned by my indexing engine, and makes rendering the results summary
very fast, even for thousands of results.

I'm writing here because I'm a bit unsure who I should offer my (tiny)
nnir.el patch to.  The ding list seems to have fallen to the spammers,
and Kai Großjohann said that, although my patch looked sensible, he's no
longer the primary maintainer of nnir.el.

Thanks!

Mark

--
Mark Triggs