Re: Follow-Ups and multiple groups?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Follow-Ups and multiple groups?
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 20:12:41 +0200

On Fri, 07 May 2010 18:03:52 +0200, Merciadri wrote:

> I then use `Newsgroups: ' and type `hiearchy.group1,hiearchy.group2'

> * Why is Gnus repeatedly asking me if there are any follow-ups to my
> * message? What are these?

Gnus is asking you what group to put in the Followup-To header, which
allows you to indicate in which of the groups you are posting to the
discussion (any followups) should be directed to.

Crossposting is often not a good idea.

> * Is my way to specify the different posting groups (i.e. with a
> * comma) correct? When trying to post to multiple groups, it never
> * works, but when I use only one group, it works. Why?

What do you mean "it never works"? Descrive what happens...

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "we push onward. to you, it is 2005, to us, it is            Adam Sjøgren
  2011. we are always far ahead."                        asjo@koldfront.dk