Re: Scoring

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Scoring
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:49:35 +0300

On 2012-09-26, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use adaptive scoring for years, but now I wanted to upscore one thread
> manually, too.  So I've hit `I T RET' in the summary with point on that
> thread, but `V S' on it after reentering the summary shows that it was
> only scored up 5 "dollars", not 1000 as suggested by the docstring of
> `gnus-score-interactive-default-score'.
>
> Incidentally, my adaptive scoring rules add the score 5 to read
> messages.  So can it be that adaptive scoring overrides my manual
> score changes?

Currently I have trapped to same issue. Look for response to me:

  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/82354

  The usual reason for score not working as expected is that there is a
  different rule that lowers or rises the score.  Could eg. be a rule on
  the subject that classifies it as something you don't want to see.

I use adaptive scoring:

  ;; .emacs
  (setq gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
      '(
        (gnus-unread-mark)
        (gnus-ticked-mark (subject 100))
        (gnus-dormant-mark (subject 100))

  ;; ~/.gnus/score/all.SCORE
    ("from"
     ("gavenkoa" 200 nil s))

and instead of getting 200 point for my articles I have 100 point as I
previously (so I reload Gnus and Emacs) mark some articles in thread with same
subject...

It is bad to have adaptive scoring that overwrite user setting with probably
have high height in most cases.

I interesting in this topic but have no time to research what happen.

--
Best regards!