Re: Scoring

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Scoring
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:12:15 +0200

Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Oleksandr,

>> Incidentally, my adaptive scoring rules add the score 5 to read
>> messages.  So can it be that adaptive scoring overrides my manual
>> score changes?
>
> Currently I have trapped to same issue. Look for response to me:
>
>   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/82354
>
>   The usual reason for score not working as expected is that there is a
>   different rule that lowers or rises the score.  Could eg. be a rule on
>   the subject that classifies it as something you don't want to see.
>
> I use adaptive scoring:
>
>   ;; .emacs
>   (setq gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
>       '(
>         (gnus-unread-mark)
>         (gnus-ticked-mark (subject 100))
>         (gnus-dormant-mark (subject 100))
>
>   ;; ~/.gnus/score/all.SCORE
>     ("from"
>      ("gavenkoa" 200 nil s))
>
> and instead of getting 200 point for my articles I have 100 point as I
> previously (so I reload Gnus and Emacs) mark some articles in thread
> with same subject...
>
> It is bad to have adaptive scoring that overwrite user setting with
> probably have high height in most cases.

Thanks for confirming that there's indeed some problem here.  I'll go
and ask on the development list.

And the hint with `V t' to check how a score is computed also confirms
the issue.  For the thread I wanted to score manually, `V t' only shows
score contributions from adaptive scoring rules.

Bye,
Tassilo