Re: Can't send emails to this list via gmane?

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: Can't send emails to this list via gmane?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:40:06 +0000

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Nothing - the message with the following headers:
>
> From: Rainer M Krug <R.M.Krug@gmail.com>
> Subject: Displaying all mail
> Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.gnus.user
> Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:57:31 +0100 (19 hours, 23 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
> Fcc: /home/rkrug/Maildir/sent
>
> is copied into the nnfolder+archive.sent.2013-03 but does not go
> through.
>
>> after sending an NNTP message for the first time to a particular Gmane
>> newsgroup, you get a confirmation mail at the address you specified in
>> "From:" which must be a valid email address.  You must reply to that
>
> I did not receive any mail, and I can post to to the mailing from
> thunderbird so I assume that I should be able from gnus as well.

My hypothesis, then, is that Gmane does try to send you the confirmation
message but that this ends up in your Gmail spam folder.  Did you check
there?

> Same as above - I do not assume that I am blocked when using gnus but
> not thunderbird.

To clarify, are you posting directly to the mailing list with
Thunderbird, or to Gmane?  Being blocked from Gmane and blocked from the
"upstream" mailing list are not the same thing; that's completely
different machines, with different administrators, and potentially
different lists of IPs suspected of spam.

Your description of the order of events, though, makes it sound like the
message was delivered to Gmane but the required confirmation email was
mislaid somehow.

Best,
Will

--