Re: How to set up multiple username on same IMAP server?

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: How to set up multiple username on same IMAP server?
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 03:55:43 +0000

Hello Hideyuki,

Hideyuki Ito <ito.hideyuki@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up multiple username(usreacount) on same IMAP server
> (imap.gmail.com).
>
> Could you tell me how to write it in .gnus.el and .authinfo ?
>

> Currently, I'd written them as
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil)
>       gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       `(
>       (nnimap "FOO"
>               (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>               (nnimap-server-port 993)
>               (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
>               (nnimap-stream ssl)
>               (nnir-search-engine imap))
>       (nnimap "BAR"
>               (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
>               (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>               (nnimap-server-port 993)
>               (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
>               (nnimap-stream ssl)
>               (nnir-search-engine imap))
>       ))
>
> I'd like to use username "foo" and password "passfoo" on Foo IMAP
> connection and username "bar" and password "passbar" on BAR IMAP
> connection. What elisp descriptions are required?
>
> Thanks,

Try this:

~/.gnus.el

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil)
     gnus-secondary-select-methods
     '(
        (nnimap "FOO"
                (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                (nnimap-user "foo@gmail.com"))
        (nnimap "BAR"
                (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                (nnimap-user "bar@gmail.com"))))

;; nnimap-server-port, nnimap-authinfo-file, nnimap-stream, and
;; nnir-search-engine are at defaults and may safely be omitted

~/.authinfo

machine imap.gmail.com login foo@gmail.com port imaps password foopass
machine smtp.gmail.com login foo@gmail.com port 465 password foopass
machine imap.gmail.com login bar@gmail.com port imaps password barpass
machine smtp.gmail.com login bar@gmail.com port 465 password barpass

> --
> Hideyuki Ito
> An Absolute Beginner

I hope you enjoy Gnus!

For sending, you will need to either use a sendmail application capable
of choosing SMTP accounts based on the From: header, such as msmtp (
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMSMTP ), or configure Emacs's
built-in smtpmail.el according to one of the methods described in
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleSMTPAccounts.  I am currently
happy with using smtpmail.el for multiple accounts, but it does require
some more configuration to be useful.

Best,
Will

--
BOFH excuse #346:

Your/our computer(s) had suffered a memory leak, and we are waiting for
them to be topped up.