Re: Sent message still in drafts (lisp error: "Selecting deleted buffer"

From: Felix Natter
Subject: Re: Sent message still in drafts (lisp error: "Selecting deleted buffer")
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:31:20 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

hi Katsumi,

> Oops, I seem to have misread the backtrace.  You aren't using
> the most recent nndraft.el, are you?  In it, there should be
> the FIXME comment in the 259th line.

Correct, there is no FIXME on the 259th line of
/usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/gnus/nndraft.el.gz.

=> but I looked it up in git Gnus: Shouldn't the fix I applied manually
do the same:
---------------------------------------
How about setting a group parameter so
that only sent drafts are deleted?  To do that:

・In the Group buffer, type `G c' on the "nndraft:drafts" group
  to open the customization buffer.
・Find the "Expiry Target" entry, check the box, and make sure
  the value is `delete'.
・Press the [done] button at the beginning of the buffer.
・Type `s' to save the customization in the ~/.newsrc.eld file.
---------------------------------------

I am using Gnus v5.13 on GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 2.24.10) of 2012-09-09 on murphy, modified by Debian.

If it is just that you want to read the backtrace: my elisp versions can
be browsed here:

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/emacs-23/annotate/head:/lisp/gnus/nndraft.el

Would it help to upgrade to GNU Emacs 24.2? On the other hand, I
installed Emacs24 on another machine and it also reports Gnus version
5.13.
(GNU Emacs 24.2 is in Debian unstable, that's why I'm afraid of upgrading
to it.)

Thanks and Best Regards,
Felix

--