Re: defining external http viewer for GNUS

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: defining external http viewer for GNUS
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 19:32:38 +0200

Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:

>> Ok, I see.  I think this should do the trick (untested):
>>
>> (add-to-list 'mm-text-html-renderer-alist
>>           '(conqueror mm-inline-render-with-file
>>                       nil "conqueror" file))
>> (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'conqueror)
>>
>> Then, `K H' should open conqueror with the mail.
>
> Thanks a lot - we are getting somwhere - the message is opened in
> conkeror (spelling error in my original email), but always. Which
> makes sense, as mm-text-html-renderer specifies how html emails should
> be rendered.

Ah, right.

> I would very much prefer the K H approach, where the mai is displayed
> in emacs, and that I can open it in the external renderer (conkeror).

Ok, next try.

(add-to-list 'mm-text-html-renderer-alist
             '(conkeror mm-inline-render-with-file
                        nil "conkeror" file))

(defun rainers-gnus-article-browse-html-article (&optional arg)
  "Like `gnus-article-browse-html-article', but open the mail
with conkeror instead of the default web browser."
  (interactive "P")
  (let ((mm-text-html-renderer 'conkeror))
    (gnus-article-browse-html-article arg)))

(gnus-define-keys (gnus-summary-mime-map "K" gnus-summary-mode-map)
  "H" rainers-gnus-article-browse-html-article)

I've tried it, but when I hit `K H' the mail is opened in my default
browser (chromium) instead of conkeror (I actually replaced conkeror
with firefox above, because I don't have conkeror installed).

What's strange is that `mm-inline-render-with-file' is never called.  I
wanted to edebug it, but when I do `K H' I'm not put into the edebugger.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Bye,
Tassilo