Re: Move message of a given year into new group

From: Rainer M. Krug
Subject: Re: Move message of a given year into new group
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 09:34:44 +0200

> Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:
>
>> So I would like to move all mails before 2011 into groups Archive.YEAR,
>> where YEAR is the year of the email.
>
> Maybe you can use the limiting functions to get to this?
>
> ,----
> | / t runs the command gnus-summary-limit-to-age, which is an
> | interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
> |
> | It is bound to / t, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Limit to> <Age...>.
> |
> | (gnus-summary-limit-to-age AGE &optional YOUNGER-P)
> |
> | Limit the summary buffer to articles that are older than (or equal) AGE
> days.
> | If YOUNGER-P (the prefix) is non-nil, limit the summary buffer to
> | articles that are younger than AGE days.
> `----

Thanks.
Sounds interesting - I'll look at it. As a once of definitely an option.

> I would have thought that something something like / x Date 2011 RET
> would be possible, but it doesn't seem to work for me (even though I
> have Date in gnus-extra-headers); I don't know why.
>
> If this is a one-off thing, of course.

On the one hand, yes - but I was also thinking of splitting
1) all emais in the "All Mail" folder older then e.g. 2 years and
2) sort these into folders corresponding to the year (i.e. Archive.2010,
Archive.2011, ...)

This would be continuous, as always the emails older then 2 years should
be sorted.

Cheers,

Rainer

>   Best regards,