Re: Some Gnus Registry questions

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Some Gnus Registry questions
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:08:40 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

>> TH>    I don't use client-side splitting, so I think the only position where
>> TH>    I use the registry is for referring articles (^) and gathering
>> TH>    threads (A T), right?  And since I also use
>>
>> TH>      (setq gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function
>> TH>            'gnus-gather-threads-by-references)
>>
>> TH>    I probably don't need the registry tracking subjects, right?
>>
>> Correct.  I wonder if it could figure this out automatically.
>>
>> TH>    In the same sense, do I actually need sender and recipient tracking?
>> TH>    For article referring and thread gathering, I think only the
>> TH>    Message-Id is needed, right?
>>
>> Correct.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation!

Ok, so now I've set gnus-registry-track-extra to nil in order to make
the registry only track message ids.  That works fine for new articles,
but is there a way to remove the sender, recipients, and subjects from
old articles that are already contained in the registry?

`gnus-registry-remake-db' looks like it will erase all information, so
I've not tried that so far.

Bye,
Tassilo