Re: Some Gnus Registry questions

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Some Gnus Registry questions
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 05:17:32 -0400

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:08:40 +0200 Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:

TH> Ok, so now I've set gnus-registry-track-extra to nil in order to make
TH> the registry only track message ids.  That works fine for new articles,
TH> but is there a way to remove the sender, recipients, and subjects from
TH> old articles that are already contained in the registry?

TH> `gnus-registry-remake-db' looks like it will erase all information, so
TH> I've not tried that so far.

I have definitely not needed this so far :)

You can probably write it starting with `gnus-registry-remove-ignored'
for the iteration across all articles and for each article, do something
like this (untested):

(defun gnus-registry-remove-id-key (id key)
  (let ((db gnus-registry-db)
        (entry (gnus-registry-get-or-make-entry id)))
    (registry-delete db (list id) nil)
    (setq entry (assq-delete-all key entry))
    (gnus-registry-insert db id entry)
    entry))

where `key' is 'subject for example.  If that works for you, I can add
both a more generic iteration and the remove function above.

Ted