Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:33:40 +0200

> Perhaps there is a hook that is executed when Emacs quits, which can
> be made to have the .newsrc.eld file saved.

Yes, that is what Julien showed that he is doing.

> But Emacs never crashes for me, neither in software or for external
> reasons like power failure or whatever. I don't need that kind of
> backup system.

Except that you are manually doing the equivalent every time you turn
off your computer.

So you are actually one of the people who need it the most.

Also, you wanted .newsrc.eld to be saved on every change; that is the
net result of using the dribble-file.

Why do you want to not use it? Your "my system is invincible" is not a
convincing argument.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk