Re: Make `r` and `F` behave as `S L` when replying to a message from a m

From: Denis Bitouzé
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 17:53:39 +0100

Le 07/11/14 à 20h25, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> a écrit :

> Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
>> I guess so. I'll have a look at splitting mail.
>
> Here is an example of how to split - for different
> reasons, in including to get individual groups for
> listbots. Note though that many listbots are available
> as newsgroups so unless you already subscribe in an
> unorganized way instead of splitting, I'd find the
> "real" groups.
>
> (setq nnmail-split-methods
>  '(("zsh"
> "^\\(Cc\\|\\(Resent-\\)?To\\):.*zsh-\\(announce\\|workers\\|users\\)@zsh\.org.*")
>    ("debian.user"
> "^\\(Cc\\|\\(Resent-\\)?To\\):.*debian-user@lists\.debian\.org.*")
>    ("cc"
> "^\\(Cc\\|\\(Resent-\\)?To\\):.*\\(help-gnu-emacs\\|info-gnus-english\\)@gnu\.org.*")
>    ("spam-ooa"
> "^\\(Cc\\|\\(Resent-\\)?To\\):.*l4-hackers@os\.inf\.tu-dresden\.de.*")
>    ("emacs-w3m"    "^Subject: \\[emacs-w3m.*")
>    ("mail.misc"    "") ))

That works nicely, thanks.

> Accidently, you can implement a DWIM `r' and `F'

Meanwhile, I noticed that `R` gives the expected result (To: is the
mailing address). But what is still annoying me is to be careful to the
keybinding I have to use depending on whether I'm answering a mail or
a usenet article.

> based on what group you are in = find out with
> `gnus-group-group-name' - as in, something like,
>
> (if (member (gnus-group-group-name) '("nnml:mail.sent"
>                                       "nndraft:drafts")
>                                       ) ...

Unfortunately, elisp is not my mother tongue. Suppose I'd like to use
`R` as unique keybinding both in `debian.user` group (mailing list) and
in `nntp+gmane:gmane.emacs.gnus.user` group (usenet forum), what would
be the corresponding code?

Thanks in anticipation.

All the best.
--