Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?

From: Gour
Subject: Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 08:53:54 +0100

On Sri, 2014-12-17 at 12:41 +0100, Rasmus wrote:

Hello Rasmus,

For some time I tried to use vim (due to wrist pain) & taskwarrior to manage
my tasks. Recently I migrated from Claws to Evolution, mostly for groupware
capabilities, iow. to be abl to sync my calendar & contacts with my phone
where I use DAVdroid.

This thread, afaict, speaks about gnuc-calendar which enables one to accept
invitation withing Gnuc, but that's not of much interest for me, atm...

> For what it's worth: I use DAVdroid to sync my phone with owncloud (I can
> then use the normal calendar).  I use org-caldav to sync between owncloud
> and my org-agenda.

However, considering that I'm moving back to Emacs/org-mode, I'd like to use
Gnus and it seems that I would be able to sync my org's calendar (agenda) with
my phone, but I wonder what to do about contacts?

I'm not much pleased with Evolution, but using it mostly for having ability to
have decent contact app which is synced with phones via ownCloud allowing to
get rid of using Google's services for that.

I know there was/is org-contacts, but not sure if it's still maintained and I
never embraced BBDB(3).

Any pointer which would enable me to use Gnus along with org-mode 'cause I
really like ability to create tasks based on email messages?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
When your intelligence has passed out of the dense forest
of delusion, you shall become indifferent to all that has