Re: [GNUS] Displaying available news-groups, sorted by name

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [GNUS] Displaying available news-groups, sorted by name
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 02:50:26 +0100

Emanuele Santoro <manu@santoro.tk> writes:

> I recently configured Gnus on GNU Emacs 24.4.1 as
> newsreader. In order to subscribe to newsgroups,
> I type M-d, bound to the
> gnus-group-describe-all-groups.
>
> The problem is that newsgroups shown are not sorted
> by name, making quite anooying to browse.

Speaking of "browse", another option is to, in the
Group buffer, do `gnus-group-enter-server-mode', then
find your server for news (e.g., news.gmane.org), and
hit RET.

Here is a screenshot what it can look like:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/gnus-server-color.png

I write "can" because to get the font lock, use the
font stuff in this file:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/gnus/browse.el

But to get the *sorting*, you don't have to
do anything!

> Please note that I am not an expert Lisp programmer
> nor an expert GNU Emacs user.

Who is? :)

--
underground experts united