Re: [GNUS] Displaying available news-groups, sorted by name

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [GNUS] Displaying available news-groups, sorted by name
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 18:59:42 +0100

>> Better yet, it is not only "sorted", it is
>> *organized* and all spelled out with the sweet old
>> Usenet notation, from the generic to the specific:
>
> Uh. I'm pretty sure that is nothing something Gnus
> does - Gnus just shows the groups sorted.

If one group was called emacs.gnus and the other
w3m.emacs they wouldn't be close to each other because
sorting alphabetically would place emacs.gnus at "E"
and w3m.emacs at "w".

So the organization makes the sorting have an even
better result!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573