interopcast-general

Re: [Interopcast-general] about translating documentation.

From: Pierre Jarillon
Subject: Re: [Interopcast-general] about translating documentation.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:56:14 +0200

Le Samedi 17 Mai 2003 12:40, jonhattan a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> first of all i must say i can't speak french.
English is (only) a useful language...

> I write the list to put myself in disposition to translate documentation to
> spanish, i've seen some list messages in the archive(the "Hello world!"
> thread on february) and i think you are coordinating it. I don't want to
> subscribe to the list but to make you know i can translate (from english)
> into spanish.
>
> I am right now testing streaming with icecast2 (
> http://imc-canarias.shacknet.nu/prueba.ogg )

You can subscribe to the list because it is a low traffic !

First, can you test interopcast ? On the CVS
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/interopcast/ENSEIRB/icecast/icecast/
See http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=interopcast

interopcast is an improvement of icecast2. We wrote to the author but he
doesn't reply to the last mails and don't use the job we did.

We don't wish a fork, but I fear to make it necessary.
I am sure that Michael Smith don't like to write a documentation as
he don't like comments in the sources. So, you can translate the
documentation.

The eight student spent 3 full week to understand icecast2.
They worked during 2 month to greatly improve the project.

The group http://pjarillon.free.fr/docs/group-icecast.jpg made a good job,
cleaning the code and writing a good documentation. I hope that Michael
can understand that 5 or 6 student want to continue, but only if they can
work on a clean project.

I hope the best for icecast
--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/