iris-devel

Re: [Iris-devel] what about this (can a subject get more meaningless the

From: Cédric Delfosse
Subject: Re: [Iris-devel] what about this (can a subject get more meaningless then this ?)
Date: 06 May 2002 10:32:34 +0200

Le lun 06/05/2002 à 01:41, foser a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> this list seems to be a bit borked atm. but here it goes. There's a few
> things i wanted to point out.
>
> 1. Some themes (noticably pyramid and pipes) suffer from some sort of
> not rendering certain stuff in the back. It looks a bit weird and i'm
> not sure whats causing it, some sort of max depth thingy in OGL maybe ?
> It also sometimes pops up in transitions, but usually goes unnoticed
> because of the speed of them.

Yes, in openGL you can specify the cube of the scene that will be
rendered. I think this is it, in iris.c:

glFrustum (-1, 1, -1.5, 1, 1.5, 10);

> 2. Energy indentifier can be removed, Knot used it for a while. It now
> uses loudness (works much better imo). Or is somebody gonna/still
> us(e/ing) it ?

I don't use it !

> 3. Fullscreen toggling now works by pressing 'f' (as you might or might
> not have found out), restarting the plugin to get fullscreen seems
> therefore obsolete. Can the config option (and menu item) be removed ?

I have changed the option "fullscreen", that is now "start on
fullscreen".
This means when the plugin is started, it will go fullscreen only if the
option is set.

> Thats all folks. Nice work on the menu stuff again Cedric, makes themes
> even more clean and turning them into shared objects easier (someday ;)).

Please take a look at the description fields of the themes. Sometimes, I
don't know what to say !
Oh, and where did you steal the code for the knot theme ? Did you ask
the author his permission for the inclusion ?

I'd like to release iris 0.10. I think the cvs is in a good shape. What
do you think ?

-- Cédric