iris-devel

[Iris-devel] Segfault fixed

From: foser
Subject: [Iris-devel] Segfault fixed
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:51:58 +0200

Hi,

i found the cause of the segfaults, it was actually 2 things. One being a bit of incorrect X stuff, the other was the init of theme_knot on restart (disable->enable plugin).

Theme_knot creates a knotobject and on restart it tries to create it again. I fixed that now, but it's a bit of an ugly fix. I suppose the neat way would be to clean it up with a cleanup function (i know thats possible), i couldn't get that to work. I suppose you should allocate memory for the knotobject and then destroy it in cleanup() or something. I couldn't get that right, could you have a look at it ?

Also i disabled the overall wireframe function since it became obsolete, that shouldn't be in an official release too i suppose :)

Let me know if all segfaults are fixed now (all mine are - hm ok, i can get it to crash if i try really hard ;)).

- fos