jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit & FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:59:33 +0100

Peter Veerman wrote:
> Olivier Sessink wrote:
>> what is the best practice for config files? ${prefix}/etc/ is a bit
>> weird because that would put config files by default in /usr/etc/ which
>> is not very common.
>>
> Config files in freebsd are always located in /usr/local/etc/
> I solved setting the locations of files right with setting in
> configure.ac:AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr/local)
> This way all files are at the right locations.

hmm, but in the Makefile, iniprefix is hardcoded to /etc/jailkit/, and
the code copies the ini files into that directory. So are you sure the
ini files are copied to the right directory?

> The problem is not that files end up at wrong locations, the problem is
> that executables search for files at default locations that don't exist.

once we have a variable set in configure that has the location of the
ini files this variable can be used by all executables.

>> hmm so we need something different for freebsd 5 and freebsd 6... and we
>> need code to see if devsf is mounted or not. Are these settings retained
>> after a reboot?
>>
> AFAIK: gone after a reboot

so this is a bit outside the jailkit scope..

regards,
        Olivier