jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] SSH Problems

From: Jon Gullidge
Subject: [Jailkit-users] SSH Problems
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 08:50:19 +0000

Hi I've recently been trying to get Jailkit to work and I've run accross a problem or 2.
Everything works swimmingly when I SU to the jailed user. It jails it perfectly, presents me with my bash CLI, etc etc. Now when I login via SSH it rejects the password. Looking at messages, it looks like it dislikes the password:

Nov  8 08:42:30 crispycrisp sshd[17695]: error: PAM: Authentication failure for javadk from 213-211-62.netrun.cytanet.com.cy
Nov  8 08:42:30 crispycrisp sshd[17695]: Failed keyboard-interactive/pam for javadk from 213.7.211.62 port 61186 ssh2

Now I have check the password, and re-set the password several times so I know that the password being typed is correct, yet it still doesn't work. I try with the jk_lsh but I couldn't even sudo in, but I'd prefer bash anyway. So I'm wondering what's going wrong? Each time I have changed the password I've re-copied the passwd file over, even though it doesn't need to be, just to make sure.
I'm stumped. Any ideas what it could be?