jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] JailKit and SFTP

From: Topher Fangio
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] JailKit and SFTP
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:12:43 -0600

I haven't specifically enabled logging, however, the following appears in the
log when I attempt to sftp into the box using a jailed account:

    Nov 20 16:07:49 pharos360-production sshd[1465]: Accepted password for demo from 150.252.169.7 port 63972 ssh2
    Nov 20 16:07:49 pharos360-production sshd[1469]: subsystem request for sftp
    Nov 20 16:07:49 pharos360-production jk_chrootsh[1472]: now entering jail /home/jails/demo for user demo (1001)

It appears to work, except that it immediately kicks me out and says

    Connecting to myserver.com...
    address@hidden's password:
    Connection closed

I have removed my actual URL. I imagine the problem is something with the
way that I have setup SSH/SFTP on the actual server, but I can do both just
fine with a regular account. On a jailed account, I can SSH but not SFTP.

I'm happy to provide any logs/config files if you can point me in the right
direction.

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Topher