jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Filezilla and jailkit + changeing passwords

From: aaronrus
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Filezilla and jailkit + changeing passwords
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 06:05:23 +0000 (UTC)

FileZilla issue resolved. After looking at the log files I realized jk_lsh.ini was not allowing the sftp-server to run. What I found out is there are two sftp-server files well one of them is a symlink. One at /usr/lib/sftp-server and the other at /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server the default in jk_lsh.ini was pointed to what appeared to be the correct location but FileZilla would not work. I resolved the issue by change the path to /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server in jk_lsh.ini

On a second note regarding shadowed passwords. Seeing it's not possible for users to change there password directly could a helper program be developed to store a users encrypted password in the jail until a cron program outside the jail reads the encrypted password and inserts it in the real shadow file.

Thanks for your help.
Aaron