jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] TERM environment variable not set and opening terminal:

From: aaronrus
Subject: [Jailkit-users] TERM environment variable not set and opening terminal: unknown
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 07:11:55 +0000 (UTC)

When trying to run clear in the jail bash environment I get an error TERM environment variable not set. when trying to run nano in the jail I get Error opening terminal: unknown.

If i run ECHO $TERM i get dumb
I have tried copying the /etc/terminfo, /lib/terminfo and  /usr/share/terminfo to the jail but this has no affect.
I have also copied the .bashrc to the users profile.

Any ideals on how to solve this?

Linux server 2.6.31-22-generic #69-Ubuntu i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks
Aaron