japitools-list

RE: [Japi] RuntimeException on the latest japitools against BEA JRockit1

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: [Japi] RuntimeException on the latest japitools against BEA JRockit1.5
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 07:18:12 +0100

Hi Stefano,

> Failed to Japize java.lang.ref.Finalizer$1:
> java.lang.RuntimeException:
> NoSuchMethodError: forkSecondaryFinalizer(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)V
> java.lang.RuntimeException: NoSuchMethodError:
> forkSecondaryFinalizer(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)V

This is an inconsistency in the BEA classes. If you run
Class.forName("java.lang.ref.Finalizer$1").getEnclosingMethod() on BEA
JRockit you get:

Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.InternalError: Enclosing
method not found

Now the question is how do we handle this. Obviously we don't really
care about such problems in proprietary runtimes, but if either
Classpath or Harmony would have this type of "bug", I'd like to know so
that we can fix the compiler or class file post processor that caused
it.

Regards,
Jeroen