japitools-list

Re: [Japi] RuntimeException on the latest japitools against BEA JRockit1

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: [Japi] RuntimeException on the latest japitools against BEA JRockit1.5
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:52:31 -0500

On 11/9/06, Jeroen Frijters <address@hidden> wrote:
This doesn't really address my main issue though. I *like* the fact that
Japize also acts as a validator of the structure of the class files (and
I also sort of rely on that with ikvm). Now you could certainly argue
that that isn't japize's job (it isn't), but it's a darn nice side
effect.

Well, I'd say that for that particular task a much simpler tool would
be the right one for the job. Suppose you were to add a method
loadFully() (or whatever) to ClassFile and then write a really simple
tool that just went through each class in a zip or folder calling
ClassFile.forName(name).loadFully()...

Japize already doesn't validate every single class because not every
class is even included (based on the +/- args) and I certainly
wouldn't be inclined to make it do more work that isn't needed. But
bundling a separate validator tool inside Japitools would make perfect
sense and IMO would help resolve the tension between what Japize's
task is *intended* to be and what you use it for.

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/