javaweb-discuss

[Javaweb-discuss] Re: [Javaweb-submit] additions and updates to the GNU

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Javaweb-discuss] Re: [Javaweb-submit] additions and updates to the GNU Java package list
Date: 23 Apr 2002 13:07:38 +0100

Per Bothner <address@hidden> writes:

> My goal was to update the java/packages.html file
> by adding various new Kawa sub-packages.  I thought
> I'd try to check it in myself.  However, the cvs version
> of the web page is very different from the actual page
> I got by saving the page.  In some ways the actual page
> is better (using lower-case html tags), and in some ways
> the cvs version is better (use of relative urls).  But
> I don't feel authorized resolving those differences!

Ok... I'm not seeing any difference between the actual page and the
CVS version.

The CVS version is the definitive statement. I'm not sure why you're
seeing something different on the website.

I'd rather not apply your patch as it reformats everything as well as
adding new packages.

By all means reformat and add new packages but could you do the two
things separately?

If you want me to ensure it's done I'll be happy to do it for you,
based on your patch, but you have been given admin rights to the CVS
so that you can do this if you want (I think we can trust you!).

When I've released the next version of Paperclips I'm going to write
some admin tools for the package registry and the free java software
page. I'll probably write a servlet admin interface and an XSLT
publishing system.

One last point: the javaweb-submit list is the address we publish for
people to send us contributions, you should mail javaweb-discuss if
you want to raise issues like this.

Nic