[Javaweb-submit] conceit resound

From: Cora Phillips
Subject: [Javaweb-submit] conceit resound
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:48:39 -0700

Fortunately for me, the choices were simple.
The traditional backup-and-restore process can take hours to resurrect a server, and any mail that comes in while the server is down will be lost. Two solutions, Neverfail for Exchange and SteelEye LifeKeeper, bring true fail-over to an entire Exchange server. It also seemed slower than Zoho.
Still, I decided to take a look at this category and try to combine it with suites of productivity tools rather than just straight teamware, blogging, or wiki providers.
This would normally be used for additional data backups rather than fail-over.
The suite also includes a management application that proactively monitors Exchange, looking for data errors or configuration errors that might cause problems.
If the primary Exchange server is completely wiped out, a full replication operation will take place. It takes about five minutes for the fail-over process to take place, during which users cannot access their accounts, although incoming messages are still received by the backup Exchange server. It handled both my alternative e-mail addresses with no problem. These procedures are well-documented in the manuals. But mail volume is still an issue as it will be for all these freebie Web clients.
Then it also had the wiki, blogging, and other collaboration tools that make the Web the bane of SharePoint.
It also generates a system ID that Neverfail uses to create a license key.
Are the applications worth the trouble?
Tried it in Writely just for fun with a similar result.
Maybe even on an enterprise scale.
It also generates a system ID that Neverfail uses to create a license key. Zoho was a close second because its e-mail client is part of its collaboration suite. Transmissions to the data store can be encrypted as well, if the store is at an off-site location connected via WAN.