jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] Re: Future of Jessie & JDK1.5

From: chinmaya
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] Re: Future of Jessie & JDK1.5
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:12:54 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to use Jessie as a replacement to Sun's SSL provider.
I can't replace Jessie in JDK 1.4 as due to restrictions (read this
link
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#PLUG)
-- snippet --
JSSE in J2SE 1.4.x does not allow use of third party JSSE providers
due to U.S. government export restrictions. However, with the latest
U.S. government export regulations, JSSE in J2SE 5 allows any JSSE
provider be used as long as it supports only the following cipher
suites.
-- snippet --

I don't have any choice but to go for JDK 1.5.
I think following (minimal) changes are required in Jessie,
* Need addition of SSLEngine (but a skeliton code will do as its an
alternative IO support.)
* Changes/Addition to APIs in SSLContext implementation class
* Changes/Addition to APIs in SSLSession implementation class

Has anyone attempted/successfully using Jessie with JDK 1.5.

Is Jessie project still alive, I do not see much of activity though, I
see no release after Oct 05 !
Are there any development plans for Jessie?

Should I use Jessie release or GNU Classpath release if I have to use
latest of Jessie!

thanks
chinmaya