jilc-dev

Re: [Jilc-dev] Next Steps

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [Jilc-dev] Next Steps
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:16:57 +0530

If memory serves me right, Abhaya Agarwal wrote:
> what's POC ? I am working on this mapping thing. Hope to complete the doc
> file by tomorrow evening.

        If the mapping thing is over, we can work on a map table.

This will be a table of JVM Instructions with a function pointer to
convert. This will solve our JUMP offset errors while outputing ILASM.

In stage II we'll have to collect the JUMP offsets in IL (using a loc_counter)
and fill them out after completing the code conversion.

Gopal.V

eg:
        {JAVA_OP_LDC,emit_java_ldc},
        {JAVA_OP_LDC_WIDE,emit_java_ldc_wide}
An optimist believes we live in the best world possible;
a pessimist fears this is true.