kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Parameter protocols in CL

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] [GSoC] Parameter protocols in CL
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:43:10 +0100

On 25 July 2012 23:32, Jamison Hope <address@hidden> wrote:
> So this only applies when you're doing the key-name != var-name thing,
> right? Do we need that to be working right now, or can we mark it as
> a known bug and move on?

Yeah, SBCL uses this syntax in it's destructuring bind implementation.
I asked Helmut if it would be OK just to rename the parameter, and he
said that would be fine (I saw no reason to the contrary). I.e:

(parse-defmacro (&key ... ((:environment env-arg-name) (:default
*default-default*))) ...)

I don't really know what their reasoning was for doing it this way, I
can just chose different names. I've become slightly addicted to the
hyperspec, so I suppose I'm getting bogged down in things we don't
actually need for 99% of CL code... Guess working on &body now is a
better idea.

Charles.