klog-users

Re: [KLog-users] New User

From: Grant McDuling
Subject: Re: [KLog-users] New User
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:42:09 +1000

On 26/06/12 16:20, Jaime Robles wrote:

I dont know what is your locator... it is the QTH locator, mine is IN80, or IN80AA, ...

El 26/06/2012 07:58, "Bob Smits" <address@hidden> escribió:
Hello. I'm a long time KDE user with Opensuse and also Ham operator VE7HS.

I stumbled upon KLOG and wanted to give it a try.

Is there documentation somewhere?

For example, when I start it up it asks for a "locator" but I have no clue
what is meant or the format I should enter. Is this lat long? address?

Thanks, Bob
--
Bob Smits <address@hidden>

"Windows8: It's like upgrading from Ignatieff to Harper."

The locator is the 6 digit grid locator that is used to identify your grid location. You can always google grid locator and read up about it. There is software about that will compute this for you if you don't know it. I think it uses Google maps. If you look at the website for the VK Logger group, you should find it there as it is used extensively by the 6m and UHF/VHF communities. Hope this helps.

Grant VK4JAZ

--
Writer
Sent from my laptop using the Ubuntu operating system.