kmldonkey-users

[kmldonkey] Suggest concerning KDE-integration of MLDonkey

From: Daniel Arnold
Subject: [kmldonkey] Suggest concerning KDE-integration of MLDonkey
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:03:51 -0500

Hi,

When I used KGet and compared it to the funktionality of KMLDonkey I realised
that both are doing a similar job from the users point of view.

If I download a file via normal HTTP oder FTP KGet manages directly the
download for me and I can manipulate the download list to my needs, like
stopping, queing etc...

KMLDonkey provides much the same for ed2k links if I chose a link from
ShareReactor or somewhere else. And I think searching for files within KGet
would also be quite intuitive (for example you could use an Archie search
engine backend for the FTP-Protokoll) so this funtionality of P2P can also be
integrated seemless.

The only difference for the user is that there are two different protokolls
(or better backends, since MLDonkey connects to just more than Edonkey2000
network) for downloading.

So what do you think of joinig forces with the KGet people and create a KGet
that can load different kinds of plugins like a normal http/ftp download
plugin a MLDonkey-plugin...

I think that would be a quite cool integration of MLDonkey into KDE.

Greetings, Daniel Arnold