koha-devel

[Koha-devel] templates

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: [Koha-devel] templates
Date: Wed Oct 30 09:00:04 2002

I'd like to propose moving the templates directories out of htdocs and
into

INTRANETDIR/templates/
  and
OPACDDIR/templates/

I have a couple of reasons for requesting this change:

1.  Template files should never be served up by the web server.  I don't
    anticipate any sensitive data being stored in the templates, but they
    don't _need_ to be served up by the web server, so they should _not_
    be in the document root.  Configuring Apache to not serve .tmpl files
    is an unnecessary hack.

2.  During upgrades, it is necessary to preserve custom template
    directories.  If the templates are together and alone in one directory
    this will be much easier.  The htdocs directory is getting pretty
    empty with all the templating work, but it might contain some on-line
    documentation at some point.

Steve Tonnesen.