koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Upgrading Koha

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: [Koha-devel] Upgrading Koha
Date: Wed Oct 30 09:04:06 2002

As 1.2.3 nears we need to start thinking about how Koha gets upgraded.

I have two areas of concern for myself:

1.  Preserving custom templates

  Is 'default' always going to be the only template distributed with Koha?
  What happens if we start to distribute a template that has the same name
  as somebody's custom template?  Should we have a naming convention for
  templates distributed with Koha?  Other than default, all distributed
  templates start with koha-, like koha-braillereader, koha-glitzy, etc?
  Then recommend that custom templates _not_ have the koha- prefix?

2.  Preserving custom report scripts

  I propose that we create a subdirectory called "localreports" in
  INTRANETDIR/cgi-bin/ that is preserved across upgrades.  We also need
  some convention for generating a list of local (and koha distributed)
  reports in reports-home.pl.

Steve.