koha-devel

[Koha-devel] how to polish the Polish translation...?

From: Benedict
Subject: [Koha-devel] how to polish the Polish translation...?
Date: Fri Jan 10 17:16:04 2003

Hi all,
I have just finished the first round of the Polish translation of Koha - a
complete single library system (this is how it is called at www.oss4lib.org).

Now, I am sure my work doesn't mean anything if koha is unaware of the new
polish files and directories. So, can anyone tell me where I should look to
enable the new language in Koha?

Also, while translating the files I noticed some hard coded names, like
Rachel, Foxton, different library names, dollar signs, ethnicity
stuff...etc., which, in my opinion, make Koha a "proprietary" or a
particular place software. Is work being done to make it a more generic
tool..?

I would like to install the Polish version in a small library here in
Szczecin where names from NZ may appear very exotic:-)

Benedict

PS. To date I have not had the chance to install koha to a working state.
I'll know more and will ask more specific questions after I do it.
Next week I am upgrading to redhat 8.0.