koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] how to polish the Polish translation...?

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] how to polish the Polish translation...?
Date: Fri Jan 10 19:43:02 2003

Hi Benedict

> I have just finished the first round of the Polish translation of Koha -

Cool - well done!

> Also, while translating the files I noticed some hard coded names, like
> Rachel, Foxton, different library names, dollar signs, ethnicity
> stuff...etc., which, in my opinion, make Koha a "proprietary" or a
> particular place software. Is work being done to make it a more generic
> tool..?

The original HTML was done in a huge rush - so yep has a lot of "stuff" in it
that shouldn't be, because it was expedient.

I believe that as each module is refactored it is converter to HTML::Template
so that all the HTML is removed from the Perl code - making it a lot easier to
completely rebadge it.

I assume my name is in the code - as in "authored by Rachel" and probably a
date - that is our standard practice, to identify who did the graphic design
and/or wrote the HTML - partly so they can be shouted at when it breaks.

It's up to you wether you leave it in on your copy.  Open source doesn't
necessarily mean anonymous  :-)

Katipo has been templating the OPAC screens - moving them all to HTML template,
I have a feeling that acquisitions has been done, and maybe the catalogue
search area, but I'm not sure about that.

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:address@hidden           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org