koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: installer script 1.3.3 failure

From: address@hidden via news-to-mail gateway
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: installer script 1.3.3 failure
Date: Sun Jan 12 20:50:04 2003

In article <address@hidden>,
Benedict  <address@hidden> wrote:

>Creating the MySql database for Koha...
>
>ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry 'localhost-kohaadmin' for key 1
>ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry '%-Koha-kohaadmin' for key 1
>DBI->connect(Koha:localhost) failed: Access denied for user:
>'address@hidden' (Using password: YES) at
>/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 361
>Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
>scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 304.
>Problem updating database...
>address@hidden koha-1.3.3]#

Perhaps you tried several installs with different passwords for
the kohaadmin user. If that is the case you might want to either
"undo" the previous kohaadmin user or manually reset the password:

1. "undo" the previous kohaadmin user:

Try this if you want to completely uninstall Koha and retry:
Before reinstalling, do the following:

mysql -uroot -p mysql
delete from user where User='kohaadmin';
drop database Koha; -- I assume nothing important is in there yet

2. manually reset the password

If you try this you'll need the current password.
(If you forgot, just look at /etc/koha.conf).

mysql -uroot -p mysql
update user set password=password('YOUR-CURRENT-PASSWORD') where
User='kohaadmin';

Then get out of mysql and do a mysqladmin -uroot -p reload

--
Ambrose Li  <address@hidden>
http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/cmcc/  http://www.cccgt.org/

DRM is theft - We are the stakeholders