koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and testing

From: Nathan Gray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha and testing
Date: Sat Jan 18 16:38:02 2003

Test::Debugger has made it to CPAN.  I would like to have it
considered as the testing module for Koha, because it is backwards
compatible with Test.pm, which has been a part of the standard Perl
distribution since Perl 5 came out.

I personally prefer the Test.pm interface to the Test::More interface.
However, since Test::More has made it into the standard Perl
distribution starting with version 5.8.0, it may be preferable to use
that module.

The part of Test::Debugger that I value most is the debugging it logs.
I do not know what logging capabilities Test::More has.  Ed Summers
may know, as he has used it for other projects.

Once we come to a consensus, we should pick a few key modules and
write a few tests for them.  Ideally, each module should have at least
one test script (if it doesn't do anything worth testing, why is it a
module?).  Most modules shouldn't have much of a test script, but a
few will probably undergo a rather intense testing process during
'make test.'

So which modules do we test first?  And Ed, Pate, and the group, which
test module shall we choose?

kolibrie