koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] gettext

From: Pat Eyler
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] gettext
Date: Mon Jan 20 13:27:04 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, paul POULAIN wrote:

> Ambrose Li a ?crit:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I was looking at the tree and found a note on gettext. Is this
> >stuff going to be used?
> >
> >i.e., should we handle translations solely through HTML::Template,
> >or should we handle them through HTML::Template + gettext?
> >
> Only HTML::Template.
> gettext was a try in a old 1.2 version

Though, gettext is probably going to be the way translation happens for
more generic stuff (error messages, help messages, etc.) generated by
services/modules as we move along.  gettext will also likely be the way
things happen for commandline interfaces (and other non-html interfaces).

this is all post 2.0 though (I think ...)

-pate