koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] "Add item" interface in CVS

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] "Add item" interface in CVS
Date: Tue Jan 21 01:46:06 2003

Ambrose Li a écrit:

The other thing might be a bug: when I finally get to items and
press Add item, I get an item record. Then it gets assigned a
Koha item number (e.g., 2245). If I select the item, Modify
it, and press Modify item, the screen shows the item number
reduplicated (e.g., 2245 becomes 22452245). If I modify it again
the item number gets reduplicated again. I find this strange.
After some searches...

It's not a bug in koha, it's a bug in the MARC21 parameters table.
go to parameters / MARC parameters table / tag 995 / subfield /
The "item.itemnum" field is in the tab number 10.
It's WRONG => itemnum is auto-managed by koha. the mapping (995$9) is right, but it MUST be in tab -1

Change this, it should be better (however, your previously entered datas may be a little corrupted)

--
Paul POULAIN