koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] MARC Status

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] MARC Status
Date: Tue Jan 28 00:34:01 2003

Wayne Dyck a écrit:

Greetings:

I am brand new to this list so please forgive any ignorance.

I am looking at the Koha system and was wondering if someone could advise on the status of the MARC integration. I read from the FAQ's that it was very close to be completed and am interested in where the developers are at with it. Is it possible to import more than one record at a time?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Hi,

Here is Paul, release manager and main coder for koha 2.0.
The 1.9 version should be released this week (friday). It manages MARC pretty well, as all previous versions were concentrated on this topic.
I think that MARC is now ready.
What we have to do to reach a stable 2.0 version is :
* fix what is broken by the MARC stuff in other parts of koha
* reorder some screen in acquisition/cataloguing
* add a batch import script to migrate biblios and items from a previous software. At the moment, there is only one feature that loads MARC files into a "breeding farm" (ie : non active db. biblios in the breeding farm are "parked" here until you buy an item) * add some templates (for french : it's done, for spanish, danish, polish : it's on the road)

hope this helps

--
Paul POULAIN