koha-devel

[Koha-devel] biblioitems.place & item location (Call Number ?)

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] biblioitems.place & item location (Call Number ?)
Date: Mon Jan 12 06:48:06 2004

Hi,

I try to figure what biblioitems.place field is done for & I can't find.
I also try to find where is the "location" (Call Number ?) of a given item is hidden in items table & i can't find neither. It may be stored in biblioitems (biblioitems.classification) table, but it's a poor choice imho, as 2 differents items can be located in 2 differents places. So I think we lack a field in items table. If you confirm we do, i'll rename "bulk" field to CN & modify OPAC accordingly.

Other way to say this : I think Koha works fine if location is found with dewey or another classification number, but NOT when you have a library with a "strange" location method (like the one i'm working on at the moment...)

--
Paul POULAIN