koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] items table

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] items table
Date: Sun Jan 25 02:08:01 2004

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 08:25:32AM -0600, Tom Madron said:
> What is the function of the "itemnumber" field in the "items" table in
> Koha?  Where does it come from?  How is it used?

Hi Tom

Its an internal koha number, its the unique identifier for an item.
Koha uses it in the issues table.
We dont use barcode as an item may for whatever reason (damage, etc) get a
new barcode.

So its the primary key of the items table, its what koha uses to track items.

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz