koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Design Dilemas

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Design Dilemas
Date: Thu Feb 3 08:40:30 2005

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit :
I've got a dilema, that I need some help resolving I think.

I think your problem has no solution...

There are 2 things (no, 3)
1 Some lists are "hardcoded" in perl script. Thus, you can't change the template to have a checkbox list, or some links. All those template variable are called CGIxxx (CGIbranch => the list of branches). This is a Perl & template problem that can be solved, but it's quite tricky to have a list with a default value with templates. 2 The general organisation of datas on screen. This is a template problem. If your library want a list of language in top, and another on the bottom left, then you must have a specific template. 3 The colors & fonts & lines/boxes... For those, the CSS template should help (with the opacstylesheet systempreference to have an external css). You can change almost what you want as stylesheet. But a H2 (header 2) will be a H2, everywhere in the code.

So, you should say to your customers that the cost depends on what they want exactly. And let them choose (and maybe lower their needs. For example selecting the language with a listbox or a link is not a major difference. -imho-)

--
Paul POULAIN