koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Subject maintenance?

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Subject maintenance?
Date: Thu Feb 3 08:44:25 2005

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit :
Hi ya,

I'm just checking, but I'm having trouble working out where/how/if you do subject maintenance in 2.2?

I've added some subjects to a biblio (using the edit biblio stuff in the MARC View)

and so I see I could go and just edit all the subjects per biblio by hand - but that seems like a bit of a leap backwards.

In 1.3 we had (well I think we did, HLT certainly do), the ability to get up a list of subjects, and then edit them, delete duplicates etc, and have it work for all the biblios.

Is that functionalty in this version (and I'm just blind/using the wrong templates)
OR is it not in this version (in which case I'll stop looking)

Stop looking, i've removed it, it was too bugyy & i wasn't suspecting someone was still using this code. If you want to add it again, then plan a lot of tests.

But subjects should be mapped to authorities, and you have some tools here to manage your authorities (and i'll commit soon code to merge 2 MARC authorities)

--
Paul POULAIN