koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] MARC to MARC field Mappings in KOHA 3

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] MARC to MARC field Mappings in KOHA 3
Date: Thu Nov 10 09:47:55 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 02:45:19PM -0600, Bruffey, Mark wrote:
> Anyhow, as I recall, KOHA did not offer much flexibility either in the fields
> searched or in the fields displayed following a user search. This limitation
> meant that I would have to export several different fields and subfields from
> my existing MARC records into different fields and subfields (some merges
> required) in the MARC records that KOHA would read/display--quite complicated
> for me.

Actually, Koha does allow you to specify 'see also' fields for searching,
allowing you to search across as many related fields as you want.

> My question is, does KOHA 3 offer more flexibility in displayed fields? I
> would like to be able to select any field I want to be searched and displayed
> to the user following the search. This would hopefully reduce or eliminate
> the need for complex intermediate steps when preparing marc records for
> import into KOHA.

Koha 3.0 will preserve the 'see also' functionality and will also add
relevance ranking and support for a better query language (CQL) for

> PS. After upgrading to FC4 (from FC3), I cannot search KOHA without errors
> (notify admin). Is there a known issue after FC4 upgrade, by chance? I do NOT
> have SELinux enabled. Thanks.

Have you added at least one stopword?

Cheers,
--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS